Choosing the right flooring for your home may seem like a daunting decision. It’s process that combines your personal taste with careful thinking about practicality. After all, it’s a surface you, your family and friends will walk, stand and sit on, and your kids will spill, pay and grow up on.
Laminate Flooring is a multi-layer synthetic flooring fused together with a lamination process which simulates wood, with a photographic applique layer under a clear protective coating layer. The benefits of laminate flooring are as follows:
- EASY TO INSTALL – One of the main features of laminate floors is the ease of DIY installation. This could also save the costs of hiring a professional for the installation.
- ADAPTABILITY WITH SUBFLOOR VARIETY – Laminate flooring is not adhered directly to the subfloor, which means that the material can expand or contract, without buckling and snapping against the subfloor. It can be easily installed on every type of subfloor, ranging from concrete to a new wood floors, existing ceramic or vinyl, as long as the subfloor is level, clean and dry
- AFFORDABILITY – Reasonably priced, laminate flooring will cost you anywhere between 50% – 70% less than hardwood. Laminate installation cost is on average 50% less than hardwood floors.
- DURABILITY – Since laminate flooring is made of MDF and contains five layers with protective coating, it is more durable and resistant to scratches, moisture and tears than hardwood flooring is.
- VERSATILITY – Laminate floors are pre-finished products so you don’t have to go through the dusty process of sanding and applying a solvent-based coating. Laminate simulates the look of natural hardwood materials – the printing process can also reproduce the appearance of a variety of natural stone and ceramic flooring materials.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN- The wear layer of laminate floors protects the material from stains and some spills making cleaning a
- nd maintenance relatively easy.